PlayBox Technology has incorporated its most advanced playout engine which is the result of over 15 years of experience in developing playout solutions for the world's
PlayBox Technology Channel-in-a-Box provides an integrated playout solution for Broadcasters and OTT service providers in a 1RU or 3RU server, regardless if you are working with IP or SDI.
The CIAB will enable you to playout an IP stream or an SDI in SD, HD or UHD. PlayBox Technology’s CIAB takes care of all your scheduling needs and uses simple, clean and engaging HTML5 for your transmission graphics needs including crawlers and rollers.
As you would expect from PlayBox Technology, it offers sophisticated and easy to use automation. We have designed a user friendly ingest which also gives you the ability to FTP your media straight to the Channel In A Box, saving you time.
It is available as a complete turnkey solution for single channel or multichannel HD SDI/SD.
Channel in a Box is now available to purchase via our online store, both as software only and with hardware if required. Plus, you can now purchase Channel in a Box Neo for up to 70% off RRP.
• Compatible with a vast variety of compression types: MPEG-2, DV, DVCPro, DVCPro HD, AVC/H.264, HAVC/H.265, XAVC etc.
• Supports a multitude of media containers: MPEG-2 program and transport streams, AVI, QuickTime, MP4, MXF, GXF, LXF etc.
• SMPTE2016-3 AFD Support
• Advanced time-based scheduling with automated conflict resolving
• Simultaneous video scaling of both live input and playlist output
• Mixing different media formats, frame rates and resolutions in a single playlist
• Ingest via FTP
• Playback of clips still being ingested
• Built-in static and animated logos support
• Dolby Digital Plus and Dolby-E audio media playback and output
• Automatic audio routing and remapping based on audio language, type and other metadata
• Automatic Loudness Control
• Live sources from SDI, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, MPEG-2 TS (UDP/ RTP), HTTP(S), RTMP, MMS(H)
• SCTE 104/35 generetion for commercial insertion
• SCTE-104 Decoder for Digital Program/Commercial Insertion (optional)
• UDP/RTP/RTMP stream output • Metadata support for text-rich graphics insertion
• Detailed playout log (AsRun log, System log)
• Live Show Clipboard for on-the-fly event and live stream insertion
• Third party devices control (video routers, video mixers, DTMF, GPI, etc.)
• Remote playout control through VDCP, GPI, DTMF, Network API, etc.
• Redundant Playout
Channel in a Box
Video Input IP
• SMPTE ST 2110, 2022-2 2022-6, 2022-7 • Up to 4-Channels input available • RTMP •HD SDI •H265, •H264 •MPEG2 • Single channel input HD
Video Input SDI
•2G-SDI, SMPTE-2082, 12-bit, 10-bit and 8-bit •6G-SDI, SMPTE-2081, 10-bit and 8-bit •3G-SDI, SMPTE-259/292/296/424/425, 12-bit, 10-bit and 8-bit •1.5G-SDI, SMPTE 372M
Video Output IP
• SMPTE ST 2110, 2022-6, 2022-7 • Up to 4-Channels output available • RTMP •HD SDI •H265, •H264 •MPEG2
Video Output SDI
•2G-SDI, SMPTE-2082•12-bit, 10-bit and 8-bit 6G-SDI, •SMPTE-2081, 10-bit and 8-bit 3G-SDI, •SMPTE-259/292/296/424, 12-bit, 10-bit and 8-bit1.5G-SDI, •SMPTE 292M, Single Link 4:2:2 (1x BNC), 10-bit and 8-bit
• (2K) 2048 x 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60 • (2K) 2048 x 1080PsF 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30 • (HD) 1080p 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30, 50, 59.94, 60 • (HD) 1080PsF 23.98, 24, 25, 29.97, 30 • (HD) 1080i 50, 59.94 • (HD) 720P 50, 59.94, 60 • (SD) 625i 50 • (SD) 525i 59.94 SMPTE ST 2110
Audio Input IP
Up to 16-Channel embedded audio (SMPTE 2022-6, 2022-7 HD SDI), 24-bit per channel, 48 kHz synchronous
Audio Output IP
• Up to 16-Channel embedded audio, 24-bit per channel, 48 kHz synchronous
• SCTE 104/35 generation for commercial insertion • SCTE-104 Decoder for Digital • SCTE-104 Decoder for Digital Program/Commercial Insertion
• Timecode LTC timecode input and output
• Graphics HTML 5 crawlers and rollers