CloudAir latest features
- New Transcoder to support multiple containers and formats (MPG PS/TS, MXF, QT, AVI, MP4, GXF, MPG2, H.264, ProRes, DNX HD, MJPEG, ect.)
- New optimised User Interface in Graphics Editor - template preparation tool
- New Playlist editor’s Weekly & Monthly View and Secondary Events placements; PlayList Export to MS Excel and EPG formats
- PlayList Export to MS Excel and EPG formats
- Auto link of assets and storages
- Media asset rework
- Playlist editor features: copy/paste; find/replace; undo/redo; playlist history
Cloud-based fully redundant automatic remote playout
In today's fast evolving television marketplace, broadcasters need to respond quickly to new commercial opportunities. The industry is demanding faster channel startup, higher quality display standards and fully scalable metadata-based content management. How and where to store high-volume HD and UHD data files? How to transcode between an ever expanding number of file formats? How to ensure the highest possible operating efficiency? Above all, how to achieve this within a sensible investment budget?
IP-based remote control
With over 17,000 installed channels around the world, PlayBox Technology is the global leader in developing and supplying server-based playout and channel branding systems. Many of these are controlled remotely using Internet Protocol. Building on long experience, CloudAir gives the broadcaster a window through which to access their playout and servers through one easy-to-use interface, from practically any location.
CloudAir provides a tapeless file-based operation which can be operated in two parts: one integrated with the broadcast centre and the other at the remote site. At the broadcast centre it is fully integrated into the current or preferred systems including traffic, storage, MAM, ingest, transcoding and file transfer systems, or PlayBox Technology can provide these. This connects to the new remote CloudAir site's playout equipment via the public internet, making a huge cost saving compared with traditional dedicated fibre or satellite links.
CloudAir enables all the features of normal local operation. Subtitle files can be produced in the normal way. CloudAir checks the files and automatically delivers open subtitles during transmission. DVB subtitles and multilingual channels are supported. Operations are monitored with SNMP sending server
CloudAir is available in the following forms:
* Software which can be deployed on customers' own hardware.
* Software which can be deployed on PBT-supplied hardware.
* A complete turnkey system for deployment by a broadcaster or service-provider.
CloudAir eliminates the need for dedicated hardware platforms. Accessible on a monthly software-as-a-service basis, it enables service providers to launch new channels for third-party customers. Using these services, established broadcasters and new-start entrepreneurs alike can deploy cloud-based playout quickly, easily and affordably.